Business processes represent only one facet of business reality; the transparency becomes complete only with the business rules. DMN 1.3 as a complement to BPMN 2.0 promises to become the global standard for decision modeling. The course provides practice-oriented knowledge for the creation of easy to read and comprehensible decision models and shows how the standard notation can be introduced in an organization.
Details and content
- Basic elements of DMN 1.3
- First practical decision examples
- Decision Requirements Diagrams (DRD)
- Decision tables
- Evaluable expressions with FEEL
- Boxed expressions
- Embedding in BPMN 2.0
- Hierarchical modeling
- Readability of process models
- Work out your own conventions
- Testing of decision models
- Practical exercises
Benefits / Learning Goals
- Participants are familiar with the DMN 1.3 elements
- They are able to document decisions correctly in a clear and concise manner, according to the facts
- You are able assess which modeling conventions you need to successfully implement DMN 1.3 in your organisation
You can acquire the "processCentric DMN 1.3 Decision Requirements Expert" certificate by taking a multiple choice exam and submitting a complex modeling task.
Methodology / Didactics
The concepts, methods and relationships are presented in the course in a way to promote a practice-oriented understanding of decision modeling with DMN 1.3. The participants deepen their understanding by resolving practical exercises.
Course documents / Resources
Beginning and experienced process management experts who want to document decisions clearly and accurately for specific target groups.
- Knowledge of process modelling with BPMN 2.0
- Basic knowledge or initial experience in business process management